You are invited to explore the Multi-parametric Optimization & Control group by Professor Pistikopoulos, the inventor and pioneer of explicit/multi-parametric model predictive control (mp-MPC), at the Texas A&M Energy Institute and the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University. The group is located in the Frederick E. Giesecke Building at Texas A&M University.
The research direction in the Multi-parametric Optimization & Control group aims at gaining fundamental understanding, and developing theoretical and practical advances & tools in the areas of multi-parametric optimization and control, first-principles based and data-driven modeling, energy & process systems engineering, biological & biomedical systems engineering, sustainable smart manufacturing and process intensification.
The PAROC Framework
The POP Toolbox
Multi-Scale Energy Systems
Design, Control, Scheduling
Energy Price Index
Efstratios N. (Stratos) Pistikopoulos FREng
Director, Texas A&M Energy Institute,
Editor-in-Chief, Computers & Chemical Engineering,
Dow Chemical Chair,
Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering,
Texas A&M University
327 Giesecke Engineering Research Building
3251 Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3251
- We are proud to announce that Dr. Nikolaos Diangelakis has accepted an academic position as an Assistant Professor at the School of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at the Technical University of Crete in Chania, Crete, Greece. Congratulations Niko!
- Our group will participate in the RAPID workshop on Synthesis and Operability Strategies for Computer-Aided Process Intensification to be hosted at the Houston DOW Center on September 14-15, 2022. The workshop will feature a combination of lectures, tutorials, toolkit demonstrations, and hands-on session on the SYNOPSIS software prototype.
- Dr. R. Cory Allen has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis entitled "Solution Strategies for Developing Large-Scale Energy Systems". We would like to congratulate Dr. Allen and wish him all the best for his future career.
- Multi-level Mixed-Integer Optimization - Parametric Programming Approach by Professors Styliani Avraamidou and Efstratios Pistikopoulos is now available
- Synthesis and Operability Strategies for Computer-Aided Modular Process Intensification by Professors Efstratios Pistikopoulos and Yuhe Tian is now available.
- Dr. Denis Su-Feher has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis entitled "The Integration of Design, Control, and Inherent Safety". We would like to congratulate Dr. Su-Feher and wish him all the best for his future career.
- Dr. Iosif Pappas has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis entitled "Multiparametric Optimization Strategies for Process Operations under Uncertainty". We would like to congratulate Dr. Pappas and wish him all the best for his future career.
- We are proud to announce that Professor Pistikopoulos has been awarded the The Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Award for research for the year 2022. Video links for the introduction and individual segment are now available.
- More stories…