Iosif Pappas is a 5th year Ph.D. Candidate in the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering. Iosif obtained his Diploma in Chemical Engineering with first-class honours from the University of Patras in Greece. His research is focused on the development of algorithmic strategies for robust and nonlinear multiparametric programming problems and their applications to the operational optimization of process systems.
- Explicit Model Predictive Control for a Highly Interacting System. 7th International Conference on Advances in Control & Optimization of Dynamical Systems (ACODS 2022); 2022.
- A New Solution Strategy for Multiparametric Quadratic Programming. Computers and Chemical Engineering 2022, Accepted Manuscript.
- A Smart Manufacturing Strategy for Multi-Parametric Model Predictive Control in Air Separation Systems. Journal of Advanced Manufacturing and Processing 2022, e10120.
- Multi-parametric Linear and Quadratic Programming. Encyclopedia Article Under Review; 2022.
- Multi-parametric Mixed-integer Linear and Mixed-integer Quadratic Programming. Encyclopedia Article Under Review; 2022.
- Continuous and Mixed-integer Linear and Quadratic Multilevel Optimization through Multi-parametric Programming. Encyclopedia Article Under Review; 2022.
- Multi-parametric Nonlinear Programming. Encyclopedia Article Under Review; 2022.
- A Robust Optimization Strategy for Robust Explicit Model Predictive Control. PSE 2021+; 2022; pp 403-408.
- Explicit Multi-Objective and Hierarchical Model Predictive Control. PSE 2021+; 2022; pp 409-414.
- A Framework to Facilitate Decision Making for Infrastructure Options Analysis of Distribution and Utilities Systems in Chemical Production Plants. ESCAPE-32; 2022; p Accepted.
- The Exact Solution of Multiparametric Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programming Problems. Journal of Global Optimization 2021, 79, 59-85.
- Simultaneous Design & Control of a Reactive Distillation System - A Parametric Optimization & Control Approach. Chemical Engineering Science 2021, 116232.
- Multiobjective Optimization of Mixed-Integer Linear Programming Problems: A Multiparametric Optimization Approach. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2021, 60 (23), 8493-8503.
- Multiparametric/Explicit Nonlinear Model Predictive Control for Quadratically Constrained Problems. Journal of Process Control 2021, 103, 55-66.
- Multiparametric programming in process systems engineering: Recent developments and path forward. Frontiers in Chemical Engineering 2021, 32.
- DigiGlyc: A hybrid tool for reactive scheduling in cell culture systems. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2021, 154, 107460.
- A New Multiparametric Quadratic Programming Algorithm for Model Predictive Control. 2022 European Control Conference (ECC); 2021.
- A Software Prototype for Synthesis of Operable Process Intensification Systems. Synthesis and Operability Strategies for Computer-Aided Process Intensification; 2021.
- Integrating Deep Learning Models and Multiparametric Programming. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2020, 138, 106801.
- Integrating Deep Learning and Explicit MPC for Advanced Control. American Control Conference (ACC); IEEE, 2020; pp 3559-3564.
- A Systematic Framework for the Synthesis of Operable Process Intensification Systems - Reactive Separation Systems. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2020, 134, 106675.
- The Integration of Explicit MPC and ReLU based Neural Networks. 21st IFAC World Congress; 2020; pp 11350-11355.
- A Strategy for the Exact Solution of Multiparametric/Explicit Quadratically Constrained NMPC Problems. 21st IFAC World Congress; 2020; pp 11380-11385.
- Integrated Modeling of Transfer Learning and Intelligent Heuristic Optimization for Steam Cracking Process. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2020, 59, 16357-16367.
- Towards a systematic framework for the synthesis of operational process intensification systems - Application to reactive distillation systems. 29th European Symposium on Computer-Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-29); Elsevier, 2019; pp 73-78.
- On multiparametric/explicit NMPC for Quadratically Constrained Problems. 6th IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control; Elsevier, 2018; pp 400-405.