Dr. Styliani Avraamidou
|Assistant Research Scientiestemail@example.com|
Styliani Avraamidou is a assistant research scientist at the Texas A&M Energy Institute. She holds a MEng and a Ph.D. from Imperial College London, under the supervision of Professor E. N. Pistikopoulos. Her research focuses on Multilevel Optimization, Circular Economy and the Food-Energy-Water Nexus.
- Multi-level Optimization and Multi-Parametric Programming; to appear in 2021.
- Multiobjective Optimization of Mixed-Integer Linear Programming Problems: A Multiparametric Optimization Approach. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2021, 60 (23), 8493-8503.
- An Optimization Framework for the Design of Reverse Osmosis Desalination Plants under Food-Energy-Water Nexus Considerations. Desalination 2021, 503, 114937.
- Towards a Circular Economy Calculator for Measuring the "Circularity" of Companies. 31st European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-31); 2021; pp 1547-1552.
- Circular Economy Systems Engineering: A case study on the Coffee Supply Chain. 31st European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-31); 2021; pp 1541-1546.
- Bi-level Mixed-Integer Data-Driven Optimization of Integrated Planning and Scheduling Problems. 31st European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-31); 2021; pp 1707-1714.
- Optimal Design of Integrated Urban Energy Systems Under Uncertainty and Sustainability Requirements. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2021, 107502.
- An Energy-Water-Food Nexus-based Decision-making Framework to Guide National Priorities in Qatar. Sustainable Cities and Society 2021, 103342.
- An Optimization Framework for Solving Integrated Planning and Scheduling Problems for Dense Energy Carriers. Proceedings of the 11th IFAC International Symposium on Advanced Control of Chemical Processes (ADCHEM 2021); 2021.
- DigiGlyc: A hybrid tool for reactive scheduling in cell culture systems. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2021, 154, 107460.
- A systems engineering framework for the optimization of food supply chains under circular economy considerations. Science of The Total Environment 2021, 794, 148726.
- "A Review of Analytical and Optimization Methodologies for Transitions in Multi-scale Energy Systems", submitted manuscript.
- "A quantitative, holistic and robust circular economy assessment framework at the micro level".
- Data-Driven Optimization of Mixed-integer Bi-level Multi-follower Integrated Planning and Scheduling Problems Under Demand Uncertainty. Computers and Chemical Engineering 2021, Accepted Manuscript.
- "A Generic Mode Based Formulation for Solving Multi-Period Integrated Planning and Scheduling Problems".
- Adjustable Robust Optimization through multi-parametric programming. Optimization Letters 2020, 14 (4), 873-887.
- DOMINO: Data-driven Optimization of bi-level Mixed-Integer NOnlinear Problems. Journal of Global Optimization 2020, 78 (1), 1-36.
- Integrating Deep Learning and Explicit MPC for Advanced Control. American Control Conference (ACC); IEEE, 2020; pp 3559-3564.
- Circular Economy - a challenge and an opportunity for Process Systems Engineering. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2020, 133, 106629.
- Integrating Deep Learning Models and Multiparametric Programming. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2020, 138, 106801.
- The Integration of Explicit MPC and ReLU based Neural Networks. 21st IFAC World Congress; 2020; pp 11350-11355.
- Production Scheduling of Supply Chains Comprised of Modular Production Units. In IFAC-PapersOnLine, IFAC-PapersOnLine; IFAC-PapersOnLine, 2020; Paper 2, pp 11452-11457.
- Optimal Design of Integrated Urban Energy System Under Uncertainty and Sustainability Requirements. 30th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-30); Elsevier, 2020; pp 1423-1428.
- Superstructure Optimization for the Design of a Desalination Plant to Tackle the Water Scarcity in Texas (USA). 30th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-30); Elsevier, 2020; pp 763-768.
- Integrated Modeling of Transfer Learning and Intelligent Heuristic Optimization for Steam Cracking Process. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2020, 59, 16357-16367.
- Multiparametric Programming in Process Systems Engineering: Recent Developments and Path Forward. Frontiers in Chemical Engineering 2020, Accepted Manuscript.
- A Multi-Parametric optimization approach for bilevel mixed-integer linear and quadratic programming problems. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2019, 125, 98-113.
- Multi-parametric global optimization approach for tri-level mixed-integer linear optimization problems. Journal of Global Optimization 2019, 74 (3), 443-465.
- B-POP: Bi-level Parametric Optimization Toolbox. Computers & Chemical Engineering 2019, 122, 193-202.
- A Food-Energy-Water Nexus approach for land use optimization. Science of the Total Environment 2019, 659, 7-19.
- Two-stage Land use optimization for a Food-Energy-Water nexus system: a case study in Texas Edwards region. Foundations of Computer-Aided Process Design (FOCAPD 2019); Elsevier, 2019; pp 205-210.
- A bilevel formulation and solution method for the integration of process design and scheduling. Foundations of Computer-Aided Process Design (FOCAPD 2019); Elsevier, 2019; pp 17-22.
- Towards a systematic framework for the synthesis of operational process intensification systems - Application to reactive distillation systems. 29th European Symposium on Computer-Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-29); Elsevier, 2019; pp 73-78.
- Infrastructure planning and Operational scheduling for power Generating systems: an Energy-water Nexus approach. Foundations of Computer-Aided Process Design (FOCAPD 2019); Elsevier, 2019; pp 233-238.
- A global optimization algorithm for the solution of tri-level mixed-integer quadratic programming problems. In Optimization of Complex Systems: Theory, Models, Algorithms and Applications. WCGO 2019; Le Thi, H., Le, H., Pham Dinh, T., Eds.; Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol. 991; Springer, Cham, 2019; pp 579-588.
- Towards a quantitative Food-Energy-Water Nexus metric to facilitate decision making in process systems: A case study on a dairy production plant. 28th European Symposium on Computer-Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-28); Elsevier, 2018; pp 391-396.
- Land use modeling and optimization based on food-energy-water nexus: a case study on crop-livestock systems. 13th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering (PSE 2018); Elsevier, 2018; pp 1939-1944.
- A novel algorithm for the global solution of mixed-integer bi-level multi-follower problems - Application on the problem of Planning and Scheduling integration. European Control Conference (ECC 2018); 2018; pp 1056-1061.
- A hierarchical Food-Energy-Water Nexus (FEW-N) Decision-making Approach for Land Use Optimization. 13th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering (PSE 2018); Elsevier, 2018; pp 1885-1890.
- On unbounded and binary parameters in multi-parametric programming: Applications to mixed-integer bilevel optimization and duality theory. Journal of Global Optimization 2017, 69 (3), 587-606.
- Mixed Integer Bilevel Optimization through Multi-parametric Programming. Foundations of Computer Aided Process Operations / Chemical Process Control; 2017.
- A Multiparametric Mixed-integer Bi-level Optimization Strategy for Supply Chain Planning Under Demand Uncertainty. IFAC World Congress; 2017;, IFAC-PapersOnLine 50 Paper 1, pp 10178-10183.
- A multi-parametric bi-level optimization strategy for hierarchical model predictive control. 27th European Symposium on Computer-Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-27); Elsevier, 2017; pp 1591-1596.
- Multi-parametric programming based algorithms for the global solution of bi-level mixed-integer linear and quadratic programming problems. 27th European Symposium on Computer-Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-27); Elsevier, 2017; pp 2125-2130.
- Decentralized Multiparametric Model Predictive Control for Domestic Combined Heat and Power Systems. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2016, 55 (12), 3313-3326.
- Advanced Control Strategies for the Multicolumn Countercurrent Solvent Gradient Purification Process (MCSGP). AIChE Journal 2016, 62 (7), 2341-2357.
- Development of advanced control strategies for periodic systems: An application to chromatographic separation processes. American Control Conference (ACC); 2016; pp 4175-4180.
- On multi-parametric programming and its applications in process systems engineering. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 2016, 116, 61-82.